Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: NB550D - Best way to install Win 7 64bit and 64bit drivers

1. NB550D - Best way to install Win 7 64bit and 64bit drivers
    Beginner
    Hi

I have upgraded my NB550D to Windows7 Home Premium and installed 4Gb RAM.
    It's working much better but want to go further and do a _clean install_ of Windows7 Ultimate _64bit_ in order to take full advantage of theupgrade in RAM.

My question is: What do I do about the Toshiba drivers for 64bit? I presume i will need some?

What is the best way to go about the upgrade - any help will be appreciated! :D

2. Re: NB550D - Best way to install Win 7 64bit and 64bit drivers
    Master
    If you would switch to Win 7 64bit then you will need some Win 7 64bit drivers.
    On the Toshiba European driver page I could find some 64bit drivers but it looks like not all Toshiba tools for Win 7 64bit are released.

Drivers for WLan or BT stack can be found here:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/

All other drivers or Toshiba tools like value added package or Face Recognition, Eco Utility and others could be used from other notebook series… for example Satellite C660D or other series like L750D, L755D or C670D
    Surely you have to pay attention to the built in graphic chip, LAN or chipset…
    Use the drivers which are released for the chips in NB550D

3. Re: NB550D - Best way to install Win 7 64bit and 64bit drivers
    Beginner
    Thank you for the prompt reply! Awesome and very helpful :)

4. Re: NB550D - Best way to install Win 7 64bit and 64bit drivers
    Master
    Thanks for feedback :)

5. Re: NB550D - Best way to install Win 7 64bit and 64bit drivers
    Beginner
    Hi Suzidownunder

I'm considering upgrading my NB550D from Windows 7 Starter to Win 7 64-bit. (I have the discs but after an initial attempt I was put off by the lack of device drivers). Would you recommend that I try 64-bit install again? In other words, were you able to satisfactorily locate and install all the drivers you needed?

All best