Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L450 - battery states '18% available plugged in, not charging'

1. Satellite L450 - battery states '18% available plugged in, not charging'
    liam
    Laptop is a L450-181 and is literally two years and two weeks old!!! gutted... help!!!

2. Re: Satellite L450 - battery states '18% available plugged in, not charging'
    When you remove battery and put it again in place does it change anything?

3. Re: Satellite L450 - battery states '18% available plugged in, not charging'
    liam
    no, still doesn't work... i'm wondering that the problem is the battery, maybe the cells inside are corrupt or something...
    ...have others shared the same problem? - 'plugged in, not charging'

what is annoying, is that since i lost my job, i didn't want to fork out a meagre £10 per month on extending the warranty... so it ran out just over two weeks ago... i'm worried if this would corrupt the computer when the battery runs down to 0% available... at the moment it is 13% and falling!

thanks for responding feliks! I hope you got the answers compadre!

4. Re: Satellite L450 - battery states '18% available plugged in, not charging'
    Master
    Hi

It could be possible that your battery start to malfunction…
    This can be possible with older batteries… as far as I know every battery starts losing the own performance after being charged 400-600 times.

But maybe you could recalibrate the battery once again… you have to discharge the battery till 0% would be shown… then connect the AC adaptor and start charging the battery until the battery led would switch to green (or blue in some cases).
    But if this is not possible, well… the battery should be replaced.

5. Re: Satellite L450 - battery states '18% available plugged in, not charging'
    liam
    thanks paolo... i think you're right... i will try your suggestion, but ultimately i've got a feeling i'm just gonna have to replace the battery... i bet the laptop conks out once i replace the battery! ...i know... i shouldn't think like that!

cheerz for your support...

6. Re: Satellite L450 - battery states '18% available plugged in, not charging'
    Master
    Thanks for feedback liam… I think the new battery would fix this…