Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100/105 - microphone position

1. Satellite A100/105 - microphone position
    Beginner
    So got a replacement motherboard, this one has a microphone slot on it so I bought the microphone (little round black thing on a short wire with a 2 pin socket on the end), where does the microphone actually sit?

I mean its like plugged in and in the circumference of where the cable reaches there is nothing obvious for the microphone to sit in, surely it cant just hover over the motherboard?

2. Re: Satellite A100/105 - microphone position
    Master
    As far as I know this old models were not delivered with microphone so I donít understand how you got motherboard with microphone. Few years ago Toshiba has started to offer notebooks with webcamera and only models with built in webcamer have had built in microphone.

3. Re: Satellite A100/105 - microphone position
    Beginner
    the more expensive ones have it (like with the dual mode touchpad_, it looks like this;

http://ebay.co.ua/catalog/show/160501023775/

It works and the software from Toshiba works its just the microphone sort of levitates on the motherboard and I know that cant be correct

4. Re: Satellite A100/105 - microphone position
    Master
    > the more expensive ones have it
    Post model name and model number so we can check specification.
    Anyway, Iím 99,9% sure that originally Toshiba didnít offer A100 with microphone.

Letís see what other forum users will say about that.

5. Re: Satellite A100/105 - microphone position
    Beginner
    Satellite A100 (Pro)/A105/TECRA A7(PSAA8/PSAA9)(PTA70/PTA71)(PSAAx) <-- thats the compatible board, here is the the picture from the service manual;

http://i.imgur.com/nBHYV.png

It looks like the mic fits in a little slot but if you do that the mic dont function as its completely enclosed.