Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500 - cannot install Intel video driver

1. Satellite L500 - cannot install Intel video driver
    Beginner
    Ok,
    had complete hard disk failure, no recovery cd's had been created, reloaded windows 7, looked up and downloaded drivers from Toshiba, BUT there are only two video drivers listed, amd and Intel both marked "for supported model only" its an Intel machine so I tried the Intel driver but it doesnít install, it just closes, which I gather if the matching hardware is not found is the default action for these drivers.

However I am stuck with "standard VGA graphics Adapter" all the other drivers loaded perfectly, ( I installed the Intel chipset driver first and rebooted, so it should be ok but itís not)

Any ideas?

Rgds
    syb

2. Re: Satellite L500 - cannot install Intel video driver
    Master
    Which Satellite L500 do you have exactly (L500-xxx)?
    Do you use 32 or 64 bit OS?

3. Re: Satellite L500 - cannot install Intel video driver
    Beginner
    32 bit o/s its just says L500 but the part number is PSLS6A-00X013

rgds
    syb

4. Re: Satellite L500 - cannot install Intel video driver
    Master
    Hi

I found right download page and all Win7 32bit drivers are available so Iím really wondering why do you have this problem.

Usually after OS installation you should install chipset driver at first than continue with Intel matrix storage and display driver. To be honest I donít know what is wrong there.
    Simply try again.

5. Re: Satellite L500 - cannot install Intel video driver
    Beginner
    Hiya,

*ok fixed it,*
    this is what i had to do so i guess there must be an error in the driver download,

I downloaded a fresh copy and tried to install, no joy, then i went looking for .inf files in the extracted driver download.

Found one called KIT19760.INF in the subfolder of the driver called Graphics, went to device manager, update driver, let me choose, then have disk, pointed it to the above file and the driver loaded, it loaded as and shows as "mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family"

Not sure if that is what its supposed to be but it seems to be working, so will leave well enough alone for the time being.

rgds
    Syb

6. Re: Satellite L500 - cannot install Intel video driver
    Master
    Thanks for sharing!!! Great to hear that you fixed this!