Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Upgrading RAM on Satellite L500-1XC to 8GB

1. Upgrading RAM on Satellite L500-1XC to 8GB
    Beginner
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to replace the existing 2Gb factory fit memory with 2 x 4Gb .

I've purchased the memory after confirming the memory requirements by manufacturer and model.
    When installed the Bios correctly reports 8Gb installed yet when I allow the computer to boot the screen sits blankly with a cursor blinking in the top left corner. Leaving the unit for up to an hour makes no difference.

I've tried to load each sim individually with the same result and have replaced the memory once already with the supplier to no avail.

The memory supplier has now suggested going back to Toshiba (I guess out of desperation).

Am I doing anything fundamentally wrong ?

2. Re: Upgrading RAM on Satellite L500-1XC to 8GB
    Master
    > I've purchased the memory after confirming the memory requirements by manufacturer and model.
    Can you please explain this with more details?

3. Re: Upgrading RAM on Satellite L500-1XC to 8GB
    Master
    When you use compatible memory modules everything will be OK. I donít know which brand have you bought or where you got this info about compatibility but 100% working 4GB RAMs have part number PA3677U-1M4G.

I recommend you to send back these RAM modules and buy tested and recommended modules.