Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Intel (HD) graphics issue when trying to use "Stellarium" on Satellite C660

1. Intel (HD) graphics issue when trying to use "Stellarium" on Satellite C660
    Beginner
    Stellarium (a free application for astronomie) works w/o any problem on many computers of my astronomie club but impossible to use it on my Toshiba Satellite C660-226. No problem during installation but nothing appends when I launch the program.

I run it in compatibility mode (windows XP Sp2) and Intel HD graphics driver is at level 8.15.10.2189 as recommended on Toshiba support center.

If I install a lower level of this driver( VGA std graphic carte at level 6.1.7600.16385) ,Stellarium works but very slowly and some functions (like zoom) are bugging.
    Stellarium support center recommands to install a more recent level of intel HD graphics driver but I don't find a more recent level working with P6100 processor on Intel download site.
    Can you help me?

Regards

2. Re: Intel (HD) graphics issue when trying to use "Stellarium" on Satellite C660
    Beginner
    I've got the exact same problem with a toshiba satellite pro c660-1nv.

I've found a more recent driver on the intel website : http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20842&ProdId=3231&l ang=eng with the version 8.15.10.2622. But I can't install it, I have an error message saying that this driver hadn't been validate by the manufacturer (Toshiba). Do not know what to do...

3. Re: Intel (HD) graphics issue when trying to use "Stellarium" on Satellite C660
    Beginner
    Hi, I've tried also to load driver level 8.15.10.2622 but got also a "not valid " message . It seems Toshiba doesn't accept last Intel driver level .....Why ?? How to bypass this ?

4. Re: Intel (HD) graphics issue when trying to use "Stellarium" on Satellite C660
    Beginner
    Hi some news about Intel driver install on my Toshiba Satellite C660-226

I've succeded to install Intel HD graphics driver level 8.15.10.2509 and now Stellarium works fine.
    Hereunder the method I've applied :
    First I've installed an old driver level found on my labtop ( VGA graphics card std level 6.1.7600.16385)
    then Uninstalled Stellarium if already installed.
    I've download Win7Vista_64_152250.exe from the Intel download center (Pentium P6100 for my computer)
    On exec line : I typed the following command : bcedeit /set nointegritychecks ON
    After these steps, I executed the downloaded file "Win7Vista_64_152250.exe" from my download directory.
    When installation is finished , I reboot my labtop and checked Intel HD graphics driver.
    Driver level now : 8.15.10.2509 (not 2189 as last Toshiba recommanded level).
    On exec line : I typed the following command : bcedeit /set nointegritychecks OFF
    Stellarium 0.10.6 is reinstalled and works w/o error now. Up to now I don't more recent level.......

Try this if you're still on this problem ...........good luck :o)

5. Re: Intel (HD) graphics issue when trying to use "Stellarium" on Satellite C660
    Master
    > Stellarium 0.10.6 is reinstalled and works w/o error now. Up to now I don't more recent level.......
    Thanks for the feedback. ;)