Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M700 new genuine Battery discharges in aproximately 1.5 hours

1. Portege M700 new genuine Battery discharges in aproximately 1.5 hours
    Beginner
    My old original battery discharges in 30 minutes and I purchased an original new one from Toshiba authorized dealer in Croatia.

After several days of charging and discharging, the new genuine Toshiba battery discharges 1.5 hours of normal use without powering any external devices nor optical drive.

Toshiba specification for this model of Portege states that battery should last approximately 4 hours.
    How I can get the battery replaced when local dealer stated that he can not guaranty battery life and that the new battery came directly from authorized Toshiba parts distributor in Europe?

2. Re: Portege M700 new genuine Battery discharges in aproximately 1.5 hours
    > After several days of charging and discharging, the new genuine Toshiba battery discharges 1.5 hours of normal use without powering any external devices nor optical drive.

The battery should be calibrated properly. This means that you should charge and discharge the battery until it’s fully empty. This should be repeated several times…

Furthermore the battery working times depends on notebook usage… using notebook with max display brightness or running applications which needs full CPU, GPU and HDD performance would decrease the battery working time.

3. Re: Portege M700 new genuine Battery discharges in aproximately 1.5 hours
    > How I can get the battery replaced when local dealer stated that he can not guaranty battery life and that the new battery came directly from authorized Toshiba parts distributor in Europe?
    I think that Toshiba service provider cannot guarantee anything. All they can do is to obtain original part for you. If you are not satisfied try to contact them again, explain the situation and ask for help.

In my opinion they should contact Toshiba and clarify this for you.