Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege 7020CT - Touch Screen driver needed

1. Portege 7020CT - Touch Screen driver needed
    Beginner
    Hi

I have a Toshiba Portege 7020ct with a touch screen installed by motion touch and i need a driver it shows up as a usb device but motion touch no longer have the driver and claim toshiba do, I was wondering if anyone has it or can point me on where to find it thanks...

2. Re: Portege 7020CT - Touch Screen driver needed
    Master
    >... motion touch no longer have the driver and claim toshiba do
    I presume they donít know what they are talking about.

As far as I know this Toshiba notebook is almost 15 years old and this old notebook was not delivered with touch screen. Now it is modified and has nothing to do with original state.
    Toshiba doesnít support such modification and such driver doesnít exist.

To check this you can contact nearest Toshiba service provider in your country and ask for help.

3. Re: Portege 7020CT - Touch Screen driver needed
    Beginner
    wind your neck in it was toshiba that sent it to motion touch to get installed!

4. Re: Portege 7020CT - Touch Screen driver needed
    Master
    >wind your neck in it was toshiba that sent it to motion touch to get installed!
    Hmmmm.... and Toshiba cannot do it alone? I really donít understand all this. If you have problem with your old notebook Toshiba service can order and replace the display. I really donít understand the whole story with motion touch.

Portege 7020CT is very nice but old Toshiba notebook. Friend of mine had it with original docking station (with ODD inside). At this time none of Toshiba laptops or any other on the marked was offered with touch screen. This technology came few years later.

Please donít understand me wrong but itís all so confusing.

5. Re: Portege 7020CT - Touch Screen driver needed
    I understand that you have sent this oldie to motion touch to get an touch-display installed. Right?
    I assume they upgraded the Portege 7020CT with a new touch-display and now you need the driver. Right?

Sorry mate but donít think you will be able to get such driver here on the driver pageÖ
    I think the guys who has upgraded the notebook should point you to the right driver for the devices which has been built in in the notebook.

From my knowledge there are some old Toshiba notebooks series like Portege M200 which was equipped with an touch screen (digitalize could be used with an pen) but donít think the drivers would work on this old Portege 7020CT