Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD

1. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Hi

The Toshiba HowTO document contains the firmware 846F103S3Z.exe
    Did you try that?
    Otherwise check the firmware updates available on Toshiba European driver page for Qosmio G20. You need to check Archive area of driver download form.

2. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Beginner
    Hi

yes i try it firmware 846F103S3Z.exe. But it said in the window that the firmware in new. and not need to this.

In the Toshiba European driver page for Qosmio G20, there is no new Firmaware.

I am sure that the problem is in the firmware. i have post that i find in a thread post since year ago. it is the same this

3. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    But in first posting you said:
    >Since i had make update form my Toshiba Qosmio G20-123
    >My DVD UJ-845S Do not read any CD or DVD.

What updated did you make exactly?

4. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Beginner
    I just download the File in http://fr.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/supportMyProduct.do?service=FR

Nom du fichier frmwre-20071005144426.zip
    Date de modification 10/05/07
    Matsu****a
    Type Firmware Update
    Sous-type UJ-845
    Taille (Kb) 808
    Version D102
    Langue Universal
    Pays World Wide
    Description Replaying of some DVD-R DL media has been improved for the UJ-845 drive.
    Modèle Qosmio G20 (PQG20), Qosmio G20 (PQG21)
    Système d'exploitation Windows XP MCE

5. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Hi

For me it looks like you used not compatible firmware.
    Your CD/DVD drive is DVD UJ-845S but the firmware was released for UJ-845.

Anyway I found also a firmware D101 and F103…
    Maybe you could use such firmware…otherwise I have no idea where you could get another version… for me it looks like the CD/DVD drive is muddled up

6. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Beginner
    Hi.

Billions of thanks for your support.

i do not know why they have put the bad firmware in the section of Qosmio G20. they have disappoint me.

There is a program named *mat****a windump.exe* it can read firmware from the *DVD-RAM UJ-845S*. Perhaps in the site someone have the originale firmware but i need a program which can force to reflash *DVD-RAM UJ-845S* in previous firmware.

In Any way Big thanks for all your reply.

7. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Beginner
    Hi.

Billions of thanks for your support.

i do not know why they have put the bad firmware in the section of Qosmio G20. they have disappoint me.

There is a program which can read firmware from the *DVD-RAM UJ-845S*. Perhaps in the site someone have the originale firmware but i need a program which can force to reflash *DVD-RAM UJ-845S* in previous firmware.

In Any way Big thanks for all your reply.

8. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Beginner
    Hi

Yes, It is not a good firmware for *DVD-RAM UJ-845S *. I do not know why they have post this firmware in the download of Qosmio G20-213.

9. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Master
    > Yes, It is not a good firmware for *DVD-RAM UJ-845S *. I do not know why they have post this firmware in the download of Qosmio G20-213.

They did not place a wrong firmware in the driver download form but the G20 Qosmio series has been equipped with different CD/DVD drives… so you have to check the right firmware before running the update… in “More Info” (on download page) you can find always details regarding the update… and here you could find also the CD/DVD drive number.

10. Re: Qosmio G20: DVD-RAM UJ-845S doesn't read any CD or DVD
    Beginner
    Good afternoon PauPau.

I am much pleased for your reply.

But i have not yet find the solution for this problem.

I swear to you, i have never burn with this CD/DVD since i bought this laptop. In the first time, when i use to burn CD/DVD after beeing writing, it stop and send me a message in a window, i do not remumber it. I was thinking that it was a proble with the program recordnow from Sonic. So forget the problem. I have a Computer in the entreprise where i always burn any thing.

The CD/DVD was reading perfectly. But it is pitty, that in the site they put anything.

And I do not find till now, what i can do for my CD/DVD. If you can help me, it will be a great pleasure.

Big Thanks for your reply.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast