Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: AT200 - Is it possible to connect USB devices?

1. AT200 - Is it possible to connect USB devices?
    Beginner
    Hello everyone,

i bought last week an AT200-100 tablet (in Spain), and a few days ago I also bought an USB cable adapter for it. I've seen (at least that it's what i have understood) that it is possible to connect peripherals to the tablet (acting as a host).

Well, i've tried with two different cables, and with two different tablets (I returned the first one and got another one), and i can't make it work.
    I hope you can help, maybe i am making something wrong..

I've used an USB adapter from micro B (plug) to USB A (socket), and i've tried to connect a pendrive, keyboards, mouse and an external hard disk. Anything seems to work, nothing appears on screen, and nothing new appears on the File Manager. Any light from the devices has ever lighted at all.

Is it necessary to install something before? To activate something?
    Am I using a wrong cable?

Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

2. Re: AT200 - Is it possible to connect USB devices?
    Hi

The AT200 seems to be equipped with an micor USB port which support the OTG technology.
    This allows you to connect the USB flash memory, and HID (keyboard and mouse).
    This port complies with USB 2.0 standard.

To connect a USB device (USB flash memory, keyboard or mouse) you must use an OTG cable (USB On-The-Go). The cable must be certified as USB ON-THE-GO.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

PS: this tablet does not support a printer and as far as I know the port operation of all USB devices has not been confirmed so some USB devices may not work properly.

3. Re: AT200 - Is it possible to connect USB devices?
    Beginner
    Thanks a lot! That was really helpful :)
    I've realized that my cable doesn't say "On-the-go". Actually, I didn't know that OTG's cables were different. I will get an OTG cable and try it.
    Thanks for your help!

4. Re: AT200 - Is it possible to connect USB devices?
    Thanks for the feedback… please share your knowledge with us after you have tested such cable.

5. Re: AT200 - Is it possible to connect USB devices?
    Beginner
    I've got a new OTG cable, and it works good ;) Now I can connect mouses and keyboards, but i can't still use my pen drives or hard disks... Maybe because of some drivers problem... Anyway, I'll continue trying with different devices.

6. Re: AT200 - Is it possible to connect USB devices?
    Beginner
    I just ordered two different Micro USB Host (OTG) cables on ebay, I really hope I can read my camera memory card with it.

Why I ordered two? They were only $2 and $4, including shipping to Norway :)