Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 & Win XP Toshiba Power saver error 0x2

1. Satellite C660 & Win XP Toshiba Power saver error 0x2
    Beginner
    Hi
    ive just installed xp
    after the TPS installation was finished,TPS gives me this error
    and wont work

any help will be so much appreciated

2. Re: Satellite C660 & Toshiba Power saver
    Master
    Can you please post exact notebook model? I just want to check if your notebook is full supported for WXP.
    Anyway, before you start to install any Toshiba specific tool or utility you must install common modules at first.

Please test it.

From my experience it is not easy to fix now so it is also possible that you must reinstall WXP and install all drivers, tools and utilities in right install order.

3. Re: Satellite C660 & Win XP Toshiba Power saver error 0x2
    Beginner
    thanks for your answer
    PSC0SE

there is no common module in drivers list, there is only TPS driver and i ve already installed it before TPS
    i checked the indian site of toshiba too but there is no common module for my model

(by the way, i installed drivers in the right order chipset utility then display driver....)

in my first xp installation(because this is the second one),
    i installed common module that ive found for another model but it wont install too

it gave me an error "TVALZ driver installation has failed"

4. Re: Satellite C660 & Win XP Toshiba Power saver error 0x2
    Hi

I checked the Toshiba European driver page and the PSC0SE driver area.
    First of all there is no Common Modules driver for PSC0SE available for download.
    You cannot use Common Modules from other series because the Common Modules is an essential part which is not always compatible with other series. therefore you can get an error message like TVALZ driver installation has failed.

Back to TPS (Toshiba power saver)
    Driver page provides the Power Saver Driver v2.62.0.4 and Power Saver v7.06.00

Itís important to install 1) Power saver driver before installing 2) Power Saver Utility!
    Check this!

5. Re: Satellite C660 & Win XP Toshiba Power saver error 0x2
    Master
    Just short comment at the end: from my experience this error is not possible to fix with driver reinstallation and Iím afraid you must reinstall whole OS again.