Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system

1. Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Beginner
    Hi,

I received a notification via Tempro that a BIOS upgrade was available. I downloaded the ZIP file (bios-20120209125153.zip), extracted the package (BIOS360_EC140_WIN.exe) and ran it according to the instructions.

The package runs, gives the "Extracting files..." progress bar then displays a dialogue entitled "TOSHIBA BIOS Package Ver.4.1.2" that says: "This BIOS package does not support this operating system."

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Satellite 830R-143 with the short part no. PT32LE

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance for your help...

2. Re: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Hi

Do you have any problems with notebook?
    If not then why you want to do the BIOS? Just because new BIOS was released?
    I would not change anything if my notebook would run properly.

However, the BIOS update requires the VAP (value added package).
    So be sure that this VAP is installed properly. If not, update this.

3. Re: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Beginner
    Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I'm not having any problems, but I try to keep all software/firmware as up to date as possible - this is generally good practice I believe.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Value Added Package?

Regards,
    L.

4. Re: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Value Added Package contains different tools developed by Toshiba.
    This package can be downloaded from the Toshiba European driver page.
    Note: uninstall the previous installed VAP before installing the new version…

But again: if you have no problems, an update is not really necessary… I always follow this old advice: never change a running system ;)

5. Re: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Beginner
    Notebok Satellite R830-14U (part ? PT32LE) with BIOS 2.70 & EC 1.10

after upgrade Intel Management Engine Interface v.7.1.52.1176 i can not update BIOS - error "This computer is not supported"

http://ru.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/do…driverLanguage=42
    The ME Interface provides thermal management for Intel Mainboards. The Intel Management Engine Interface (Intel ME Interface) is the interface between the Intel Management Engine firmware and the host. Drivers and applications on the host that wish to interact with Intel Management Engine through host interface would use the Intel ME Interface host windows driver.
    Model: Tecra R850, Portege R830, Satellite Z830, Qosmio F750, Portege Z830, Satellite Pro S750, Tecra R840, Satellite R830, Satellite Pro R850, Satellite R850

Downgade Intel Management Engine Interface to 7.00.02.1164 and/or reinstall Value Update Pack (vap-2011-614162421.zip) does not solve the problem.

What else can I do to fix this problem?

6. Re: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Master
    You can try to reinstall original recovery image and try to update BIOS with “factory settings”.

7. Re: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Beginner
    Hi,

Sorry, unable to start a new question.

I was recommended to install a bios update (BIOS_V250_WIN.exe) to my Satellite, however, I get this error message:

Windows can't find 'Lazio20R20RG_Bios_Win_V240\AutowinPhlash.exe' - make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again!

What can I do?

Thank you
    Ahmed

8. Re: Satellite R830-143 - BIOS update does not support this operating system
    Beginner
    HI, all!
    I have exactly the same as Evgenn's problem:
    Satellite R830-146. with BIOS 3.70 & EC 1.50. Trying to run BIOS_V380_ECV150_WIN.exe and get the message: "This computer is not supported".

Intel Management Engine Interface version is 7.00.1144, according to Device Manager. But when I try to upgrade to ver. 7.1.52.1176 I get the message: "The firmware update is unnecessary".

In the next thread Evgenn wrote: "The problem is solved in complete restoration of the image of the disaster"

What does it mean? Any ideas? Evgenn, if you're still reading this thread, please help.