Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1NR - Lost use of FN buttons after Bios upgrade

1. Satellite C660-1NR - Lost use of FN buttons after Bios upgrade
    Beginner
    Re: C660-1NR

I have lost the use of the function (FN) button.
    I have recently upgraded the BIOS to the latest version about 2 weeks ago but did not notice anything wrong until I wanted to turn off the wireless mode last week.

Anybody know what has caused this?

2. Re: Satellite C660-1NR - Lost use of FN buttons after Bios upgrade
    Master
    Hi

Did you notice the problems with all FN buttons or only with the special combination FN + F8 which enables and disables the WLan?

Usually the Toshiba Flash Card Support Utility controls the FN buttons so you could try to restart this tool which you can find in All Programs – Toshiba -> restart Flash Cards

3. Re: Satellite C660-1NR - Lost use of FN buttons after Bios upgrade
    Master
    As PauPau wrote try to restart flash cards but if this will not help you can try to reinstall Toshiba value added package.
    One of the tools in this package is also “Flash Cards utility”. Remove preinstalled version, restart notebook and install latest version from http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

I hope this will help.

4. Re: Satellite C660-1NR - Lost use of FN buttons after Bios upgrade
    Beginner
    Thanks for your help. I have restarted the flash card and everything is fine now. The problem was none of the F keys displayed when the FN key was pressed.
    All is now back to normal.