Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Wireless connectivity issues on Satellite L750/0S5

1. Wireless connectivity issues on Satellite L750/0S5
    Beginner
    I own a L750/0s5 laptop.

I seem to have a problem with my wireless connectivity where anywhere not within 10m of the router the connection cuts in and out with the yellow 'limited connectivity' sign is always appearing. disconnecting and reconnecting fixes the issue for a few mins. Ive resorted to sitting very close to the router.

the computer is 2 months old, the Wlan driver is up to date. the power options have been configured to be on maximum performance for Wlan etc etc.

The main thing that gets me is that all the other (a lot older laptops) in our house work fine where mine doesn't. I have actually lost performance in terms of where I can get wireless signal from my old toshiba portege m300 to this new one.

In terms of information, computer is running windows 7. Wlan card is Atheros AR9002WB-1NG.

If theres any other info you need, as im sure there will be, let me know and Ill try my best.

The router is actually new as well.

Thanks for your help

2. Re: Wireless connectivity issues on Satellite L750/0S5
    > the computer is 2 months old, the Wlan driver is up to date. the power options have been configured to be on maximum performance for Wlan etc etc.

The latest Wlan drivers can be found here:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

Please be sure that you use the latest driver v9.2.0.419.0

To be honest, I had the same idea to disable the power saving for Wlan and it most cases this should functions… are you sure you have changed this in the same power plant which is used when the notebook is running in battery mode?

However, it would be also interesting to know if the L750 Satellite uses the same 802.11 Wlan standard as other notebooks do…
    In device manager -> Wlan card properties -> Advanced tab …you can choose the 802.11 Wlan standard…
    Would recommend checking this…

3. Re: Wireless connectivity issues on Satellite L750/0S5
    Beginner
    MasterG

Definitely have the latest driver, and definitely have selected maximum performance for Wlan card both on power and on battery.

When i go into advanced tab for wlan card the only options i have are;
    - 802.11b preamble
    -AdHoc 11n
    - Network address
    - Receive buffers
    - roaming policy
    - scan valid interval
    - transmit buffers

Thanks for your help

4. Re: Wireless connectivity issues on Satellite L750/0S5
    Master
    Have you noticed this from the day one (with factory settings) or later?
    Do you use some additional software like “Zonealarm”?

To be honest I cannot imagine that you cannot use WLAN when notebook has “Factory settings”.
    Is your WLAN protected? Try to make test without WLAN key.