Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: TOSHIBA HDD STOR.E Partner 750GB PA4280E-1HG5 -problem with backup software

1. TOSHIBA HDD STOR.E Partner 750GB PA4280E-1HG5 -problem with backup software
    Beginner
    Hello everybody

I recently bought an external drive TOSHIBA HDD STOR.E Partner 750GB (PA4280E-1HG5) with pre-installed backup software Nero BackItUp&Essentials. Unfortunately the software doesn't work. When I double-click on it to start it, it starts extracting, but after a progress of ~10% there is an error message saying something like "data error".

How can I get the software working? Or where do I get new software that works?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Aniona

2. Re: TOSHIBA HDD STOR.E Partner 750GB PA4280E-1HG5 -problem with backup software
    Master
    As far as I know the software can be downloaded from Nero.com

Check this:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB14034U0000R01.htm

3. Re: TOSHIBA HDD STOR.E Partner 750GB PA4280E-1HG5 -problem with backup software
    Beginner
    I have exactly the same problem ... and the link doesn't really help me. I can not install this software, so I can not find out the serial number of it.

4. Re: TOSHIBA HDD STOR.E Partner 750GB PA4280E-1HG5 -problem with backup software
    Beginner
    After a lot of e-mails, I finally got a link from the Toshiba Mobile Support:

[ftp://store%2Ee:toshiba@195.182.196.21/U00105EU(StorE%20Partner).zip]

It worked for me :-) Good luck

Non- working link. Pease send right link and explanation what it is.
    Message was edited by: ADMIN