Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: NB550D is getting very warm

1. NB550D is getting very warm
    Beginner
    The bottom left of my NB550D is getting VERY warm, even when the rest if my netbook is cool.

I was wondering what component is this area and if I could just disconnect it. I wouldn't mind losing USB capability or the headphone socket (both of which are located here externally).
    Is opening the main part of the case as simple as removing all the screws?

Thank you

2. Re: NB550D is getting very warm
    Akuma
    Hi,

Sounds like the CPU is causing the high temperature since the copper heatsink is on the left side, I dont recommend removing the CPU :p

There may be some dust build up in the vent, you can use Compressed Air to blow the dust out.

3. Re: NB550D is getting very warm
    > The bottom left of my NB550D is getting VERY warm, even when the rest if my netbook is cool.

This is nothing unusual since the cooling modules and cooling grilles and also the CPU are placed at the left…
    You should not remove any screws or any other parts because this is not needed and more than likely you would damage the notebook.