Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A210-1AH - resource conflict pci serial bus controller at startup

1. Satellite A210-1AH - resource conflict pci serial bus controller at startup
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A210-1AH
    model no PSAFGE-05X01GDU

When i startup the laptop after the toshiba logo. The laptop gives the folowing error:

ERROR resource conflict pci serial bus controller on motherboard
    Bus: 14, Device:06, Function:00

Bus: 14, Device:06, Function:01

Bus: 14, Device:06, Function:02

Bus: 14, Device:06, Function:03

Bus: 14, Device:06, Function:04

Press F1 to load defaults , F2 to setup

I have tried:
    - load defaults
    - disconnect dvd drive, hard disk, memory
    - disable hardware in the bios

Can some one help me?

ps. I can't find this model on the driver downloadpage, to download a bios update.
    Is this model no more supported?

Ronald

2. Re: Satellite A210-1AH - resource conflict pci serial bus controller at startup
    Hello

Can you enter BIOS settings? If you can do this using F2 at start up set it to default settings and check if the same will happen again. You can try to put bootable disc into ODD and try to check if there is access to HDD.

If the same will happen again and again I’m afraid the mainboard is failing.

3. Re: Satellite A210-1AH - resource conflict pci serial bus controller at startup
    > ps. I can't find this model on the driver downloadpage, to download a bios update.
    > Is this model no more supported?

The Satellite A210-1AH PSAFGE series is supported and drivers and BIOS can be found on Toshiba European driver page.
    But in driver download form “Product Type” you have to choose Archive instead of Notebook because the A200 is an older series and drivers have been moved to archive area.

But it looks like you are not able to boot into Windows OS…well in such case BIOS update would not be possible and to be honest, I doubt its BIOS problem since the notebook should also work and boot with older BIOS version…

For me it looks like an part/device on the motherboard malfunctions…
    The error means an PCI device 06…. I’m not quite sure what device could be but maybe you could try to boot the notebook without the miniPCI WLan module…

In worst case this error would mean that motherboard is faulty…

4. Re: Satellite A210-1AH - resource conflict pci serial bus controller at startup
    Beginner
    I have try to boot from cd and usb stick but is not working.

thank you for your help.

5. Re: Satellite A210-1AH - resource conflict pci serial bus controller at startup
    Beginner
    Thank you for your help!

I have try to boot without the wifi card and dial up modem, with no results.
    The motherboard is faulty i think.

6. Re: Satellite A210-1AH - resource conflict pci serial bus controller at startup
    Yes, could be possible… but would recommend checking this with an notebook technician…