Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L450D will not boot

1. Satellite L450D will not boot
    Beginner
    My satellite L450D won't start up. It shut itself down and when I turned it back on, it brings the boot menu up, if I select repair, it just goes to a black screen. If I select start as normal, it goes to the windows logo but gets stuck there. I've also tried to start in safe mode but it says loading files and gets stuck there.

I've tried pressing 0 on start up and this doesn't work and I've also tried the recovery disc and this also doesn't work.
    Any ideas would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. Re: Satellite L450D will not boot
    Master
    >I've tried pressing 0 on start up and this doesn't work and I've also tried the recovery disc and this also doesn't work.
    If you have European notebook model 0 at start up will not help at all. You must use F8 at start-up to enter advanced boot options. Is option “Repair my computer” available?

Anyway, OS is probably screwed up and clean OS installation may help. Enter BIOS and set it to default settings. After doing this start notebook again and press F12 to enter boot menu. When the boot menu is shown on the screen put recovery disc into optical disc drive, choose CD/DVD device in menu and press ENTER. This will force ODD to start read recovery disc.

Let us know if this works for you.

3. Re: Satellite L450D will not boot
    Beginner
    Hi

Thanks for this but unfortunately it hasn't worked. I changed to default settings and selected cd drive and it started loading files but then went to a black screen and is just staying there! Thanks but the search still continues

4. Re: Satellite L450D will not boot
    Somehow I think the HDD can be troublemaker.
    What you can try as last test is to obtain original Microsoft installation disc and try to start it, just to see if you will have access to HDD. If not problem must be HDD so you can try to obtain new one and exchange it.

5. Re: Satellite L450D will not boot
    Master
    Hi

You can easily find out if the HDD makes the troubles.
    Download the tool called +Drive Fitness Test+ and create an bootable disk which would help you to test the HDD.
    If some error would appear, then this means that HDD is not working properly and it would be advisable to replace this part.