Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: AT200, unresponsive screen

1. AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Hi,

Just bought an Toshiba AT200-101 and immediately found a big problem. Quite often the screen starts flickering and then get unresponsive. After I turn off the screen it starts working again, at least for a while.

I have done factory reset and even with not apps installed it behaves the same, it seems like I'm not with alone with this issue as there is a youtube video that shows the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVceaoEReSo&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Do I need to return the it or do anyone know how to fix it?

/Nick

2. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Master
    If I were you I would bring it back to local dealer and ask for replacement. Don’t waste your time searching for solution.

Your new Toshiba must works properly.

3. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Akuma
    Sounds like a hardware problem so there is not much you can do except return it to the store and get a new one.

If you get a second one with the same problem, then it may be caused by something plugged into the tablet. Perhaps a USB cable is damaged or an external monitor has a bad earth loop.

4. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Thanks for your replies, I will return it and we will see what happens, if the next one has the same problem I will update this thread.

5. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    I have bought my tablet last saturday, and i have exactly the same problem.

6. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Hello,
    same screen problem here, AT 200 bought in France. Also since a last Toshiba update (available from System updatr) WIFI doesn't work anymore a message says Wifi error when trying to activate it. toshiba support says it should send a link to fix this problem. I've waited a week so far without being able to use my tablet.

7. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Hi,
    I have the same unresponsive screen problem.

Others problems that I have are: splashtophd crashes when connecting to a remote pc and thinkfree crashes aswell. I'm not even able to do anything with those applications.

It seems a very poor marketing move to launch a product that cannot even run the applications that come with the tablet. Or maybe its just my tablet. At200 32g bought in Portugal.

Another issue that I found while typping this, I caanot even place the cursor where I want, the green arrow is all over the place and doesnt seem tto follow the cursor.

Quiet annoying at least.

Wwwwwwe1233

8. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    *@ Bertrand*
    It look like you’ve got different issue as described by niol1000 and FredCL_1
    So next time you should open another thread.
    However, it seems that something went wrong during the update and since the WFI does not work you will not be able to receive other updates… so in such case you will need to get in contact with an ASP to fix this :(

*@niol1000, FredCL_1 and i990343*
    What Android kernel and built number do you have exactly?
    Did you notice this after an update?

9. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    My Android Kernel version is 2.6.35.7-g62374b3
    Build Number HTK55D.05.5.0003.
    I haven't done any update since I got it (no update available on the Toshiba service station), I bought my tablet recently 10/3/2012.

10. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have the same problem with my tablet, hope they will fix it soon.

11. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    I had the same problem with mine: sometimes, I am not exactly sure when, the clock starts to show and disappear like if I were tapping constantly on it...

Another thing I've seen is at the Market, where sometimes some icons start to blink, until a scroll the page. Maybe same problem, in a different position of the screen?

I changed the tablet for a new one, and it had the same problems (I bought them in Spain).
    Is this a problem of the OS? Or just a hardware problem with no update possible to fix it?

Blocking and unblocking the screen fixes the problem... But i think that considering the price of this tablet, there shouldn't be problems like these, because they only decrease the quality of the device.

I hope they could fix this...

12. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Anyone to help us on the problems about the screen?
    Toshiba you should have tested your product, you only needed to do it for a couple of minutes. This is not an occasional problem but a major issue.

For a tablet priced so high in the market this shouldn't happen. I'm starting to think that I made a wrong choice.

Faulty tablet and more expensive and any other tablet in the market, if I could get my money back....

As a consumer I shouldn't be bothered by this kind of problems. The major interaction for a tablet with the user is the screen and Toshiba made a tablet with screen problems...You can see the contradiction here.

13. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Just a small update, i went to the store and changed to a new onebut still have the same problem. I think the only hope now to get it fixed is to wait for the Android 4.0 update that Toshiba promised. Hopefully they have fixed it by then... :)

14. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Same problem here with the screen. Returned the tablet to Amazon got another one, lo and behold the same problem happened again on the second one.
    I will be sending this one back too unless there is an update in the next couple of days or at least a decent acknowledgment that Toshiba recognises this issue and is working on a fix
    Miffed!

Message was edited by: mandrake

15. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Hi!

Same problem with the display here. I bougth the tablet in germany and after 2 month I bring it back to the dealer. If I get back again a broken tablet, then it goes again back to Toshiba and that was it with Toshiba and I want my money back.

16. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    AT 200 more icons flash in the app, it crashes, its plant
    can since the toshibat media player 3.00.11 does not want to go ...
    only ice cream Espoire???

discount to zero = zero
    retouver toshiba or the original application?
    toshiba really light for tablets ..........

sorry trad google fr....

17. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    So, MediaMarkt in Munich told me, that Toshiba would like to install a new software. New Software??? It seems, they only want to reinstall Android 3.2 on the tab. Or they would install new firmware or display drivers. Unfortunately I did not have any information about what type of software would be installed.

I have to wait about 5 days to get back my tab and thenb we would see.......

18. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Hi,

I had the same issue recently. I did the followings:
    > factory reset (Power off then on + volume up)
    > system upgrade (a new version is available since a few days through Service Station
    > did not reinstall some of the apps (mainly Android Apps Killer)

Since then, issue did not happen anymore. My explanation:
    - either it is related with one specific app which bugged
    - or since the OS update, they fixed the bug.

Tablet bought in Belgium.

19. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    UPDATE:

As expected, Toshiba is not able to find the problem and can't see flickering display. But in my 3 video in which can everyone see my flickering display. I hope, that Toshiba will take a look on this. Otherwise there get back the broken tab to solve this issue again

20. Re: AT200, unresponsive screen
    Beginner
    Hi!

My first AT200 had exactly these problems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZEnYO4bn74

By using the program Multitouch Vis Test you see the problems clearly.
    It's like someone is constantly touching two places on the edge of the screen.

I got a new one, but after a while the problem appeared on this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Bbj1tMD1Q

I sent that unit to the repair shop a month ago. Initially they claimed they were waiting for a calibration program for the touch screen from Toshiba, but it seems they've found a different solution:

Today they contacted me and said that Toshiba has released an upgrade to the Android OS which fixes this problem. The AT200 is being mailed to me today.

Hopefully this solves it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast