Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1

1. Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    I am unable to record 3D images or video with the integrated Toshiba Web Camera 3D V1 on my X770 11C 3D laptop !

The 2D recording is normal.
    Have I to install additional softwares for 3D recording?

Message was edited by: jacques.vsk

2. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Hi

>Have I to install additional softwares for 3D recording?

How did you try to use this cam?

You should select Toshiba 3D web camera device to view red-cyan 3D and “Toshiba web camera – 3D V1” device to view 2D in 3rd party application

3. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Dear MASTERG

I didn't find the program or application to test the webcam .
    I found only the following text about the TOSHIBA Web Camera 3D V1( in the categories X775 3D series) :

"The webcam also supports 3D playback through Nvidia's 3D Vision software. To start 3D webcam playback, enable 3D Vision, open the webcam app, and click the 3D playback option. Each time you start the app you'll be given the option of calibrating the image to change the 3D depth perception. Once calibrated, the webcam provided excellent 3D images"

On my laptop in the NVIDIA Corporation progams I do not see any webcam app!
    I tested the camera in 2D with the Corel Digital Studio for Toshiba (not 3D).
    Perhaps I am overlooking or missing something .

What program I need?

Regards Jacques.vsk

4. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Hi

From my knowledge not all Qosmio X770 are equipped with an 3D webcam.
    Do you have two internal webcam lenses in front of the screen frame?

What Qosmio X770-xxx do you have exactly?

5. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have two internal webcam lenses in front of the screen frame .
    Distance for the lenses about 6 cm with in the center a blue led.
    Only the lens on my left side is reacting (by 2D recording)

By the configuration "Apparatenbeheer (Dutch language) Camera's is indicated :Camera resource and Toshiba
    Web Camera 3D V1

My Laptop Product Code : PSBY5E-01W013BT
    Regarding de specifications on the following link is this product equiped with a 3D webcam.

URL http://be.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/nl/product/Qosmio-X770-11C/1113133/toshibaShop/false/tab/1/#1

brgds
    jacques.vsk

6. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Sorry I forgot type number : QOSMIO X770-11C PSBY5E-01W013BT

7. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Hi

If you have an 3D webcam capable Qosmio X770 unit, then the multimedia control buttons located above the keyboard should contain an 3D On/Off button.
    This button allow you to enable and disable the webcam’s 3D capability.

Did you enable this?

8. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Hello,
    On a label on the bottom of the keyboard is marked *3D web camera for realistic and life-like photo and video How to use or the test the 3D web camera for making this photos or videos.*Wich program or apllication (driver?) I have to use or to install? rgds Jacques.vsk

9. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Addtional info : the 3D button was enabled

10. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Hi,
    Go to All Programs / Toshiba / Utilities/Web camera Application.

By the way, is you laptop fan nonstop running about 48/54 %.? Mine is doing so. Never stopping .

11. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Hi,
    My laptop fan is now nonstop running for about 49 %.
    I do not find the folder "Web camera application" on my computer by search!!
    Is the folder located in "Program Files or Program Files(x86)" and what is the size?
    Greetings Jacques.vsk

12. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Hi,
    The file is in Program File (x86)/TOSHIBA/TOSHiBA Web Camera Application/
    size is 61.9 MB, but u should be able to see the application as I said before in Start/ All Programs/etc

13. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Hi,
    This folder does not exist in my computer.I do not know why!
    My computer info : QOSMIO X-770-11C Product code PSBY5E-01W013BT( sent to me on 23.11.2011) .
    Where can I find this folder?

14. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    My is QOSMIO X-770-11C Product code PSBY5E-01W007G5. You can try to reinstall the web cam driver but I'm not sure it will came with missing utility.

15. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    hi,
    the only web camera driver for X770 that I have found on the Toshiba support downloads: webcam 20110421101344 / V2.0.0.19 / common / TC30268300S.exe (19/03/2011 88,489 KB) without install. instructions.

16. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    hi again,
    The missing Toshiba Web Camera Application for the QOSMIO X770 is now installed .
    By starting the programma I receive the pop-up message " cannot start the program because mfc100u.dll is not on your computer " .I found 'mfc100u.dll ' located C:\Windows\System32\.....
    Can you help me or have I use my Repair Media Disk en an re-install all my programs?

17. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Master
    mfc100u.dll seems to belong to product Microsoft Visual Studio 10 and it was developed by Microsoft… not quite sure why this error appears but it looks something is muddled up here…

You can try to clean the registry using CCleaner (freeware software) and could try to execute the installation file once again using admin rights (Right-Click on the installer and choose "Run as Administrator" )… maybe this would help… otherwise try the recovery disk which have created using the Toshiba Recovery media creator…

It’s really strange that the webcam software was not installed on this system…

18. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    Before I use the Toshiba recovery media can someone tell me if any Toshiba Qosmio X770 11C PSBY5E ... always a Toshiba Web Camera Apllication contains ... ditto for the Toshiba recovery media?

19. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Beginner
    After using Toshiba recovery media everything seems ok

20. Re: Qosmio X770: Not able to create 3D pictures/videos using Web Camera 3D V1
    Master
    Thanks for feedback...seems the issue was related to corrupted system which was solved my new installation...