Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation

1. NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    Beginner
    Hi,

I really want a VGA port. I know how to build it starting from pin out (resistance value). If somebody form you has de insight to show me picture of schema of NB550D's motherboard, it should be possible to implemant a self made vga port.

It is meaby not de policy of Toshiba but I don't find anywhere info over the motherboard. Please give me a link.

Tangi

2. Re: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    Master
    Hi

Did I understood this correctly? Do you want to add an VGA port to this motherboard?
    Please don’t me mad at me but I would not recommend doing this…

Most NB550D models are already equipped with an RGB (monitor out, VGA) port.
    What NB550D do you have exactly?

First of all you would damage the mobo…
    Secondly even if you would add an VGA port, the BIOS would not handle this.
    Third: there a chance to get an VGA port using an external solution like Dynadock for example.

3. Re: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    Beginner
    > Most NB550D models are already equipped with an RGB (monitor out, VGA) port.

Not really, just HDMI ( NB550D-10G)

4. Re: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    Master
    Well, in such case an external solution like a Dynadock would be recommended…
    You can also use some kind of HDMI to VGA converters which you can find on amazon page… much better idea as to damage the motherbaod…

5. Re: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    Beginner
    The after converter is not a nice solution (and i don't even speak about the price but over mobility).

The motherboard of all the other C60 processor support VGA port. The bios don't seem made by Toshiba on de nb520.

For me, the lack of vga port with a netbook perfect for a display without sound is a big mistake.

6. Re: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    Beginner
    > "without sound"

Without? What do you mean?

7. Re: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    Beginner
    Oh simply that any VGA screen or projector is made to marry with a good back up sound.

But I was totally wrong about the BIOS. The BIOS part for the C60 GPU is *meaby* the same for every netbook.

Anyway I would like to know wich motherboard is on the NB550D... I can't find the information. Is it top secret of so generic that I shouldn't ask (like browsing any C60 motherboard) ?

8. Re: NB550D motherboard circuit for VGA implementation
    … every motherboard is made for a single notebook series.
    I could found this compatible motherboard with the part number K000115880 for NB550D-10G
    The detailed description seems to be: PCB SET – NB 550D: (TAP)-ONTARIO 1.0G whatever this means…