Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1TK - BIOS Update Go Wrong

1. Satellite C660-1TK - BIOS Update Go Wrong
    Beginner
    I have New Satellite C660-1TK (PSC1QE-01900GGE) In sunday i flashed with version 1,40 Without any problem
    NOW i see that i have new version 1,50
    Startting the bios flashing .exe
    bios flashed done but the procces s not complete
    after programing s done the Lap top freeze with big noise from the fan....
    i needet to remove the battary and now

the version of the buios is 1.50 but EC version is 1.40 still the old becose the flashing is t not complete with succses....now i try to reflashed but show s me you are with the last et version of bios>!

Message was edited by: fensms

2. Re: Satellite C660-1TK - BIOS Update Go Wrong
    To be honest you can be happy that your notebook works because many people have had bad luck after not successful BIOS update.

In my opinion you should not “play” with BIOS updates. At the end you will damage BIOS update and your notebook will not start at all. Maybe you should contact Toshiba service provider and clarify this. Ask for help. They should do it for you. If something goes wrong it will not be your fault.

Be careful with this. It is just my opinion and advice for you. Don’t change well running system.

3. Re: Satellite C660-1TK - BIOS Update Go Wrong
    Beginner
    My friend

I have a razed to decide to flash bios due to cooling system issues, keyboard issues, battery shows a wrong time left.

THE BIOS file prevent this freezing of the laptop. If is sound dangerous work, then will Toshiba selling with perfect bios installed then will no mess-up the things.
    !NOT PLAYNG AT ALL!

AT ALL I HAVE 3 stuck pixel and a set with gifts back, hub, mouse
    the mouse is not working....
    Toshiba will covered this 3 stuck pixel? No AT all because i need to have a 10-11!!!

4. Re: Satellite C660-1TK - BIOS Update Go Wrong
    Master
    > the version of the bios is 1.50 but EC version is 1.40 still the old become the flashing is t not complete with success

You have got already the newest BIOS version. Even if the BIOS is v1.5 the EC (embed controller) version might be different. This is nothing unusual.

> Toshiba will covered this 3 stuck pixel? No AT all because i need to have a 10-11!!!

The dead pixel issue is covered by warranty but this depends on the notebook display resolution:
    Details here:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB9502LZ0000R02.htm

5. Re: Satellite C660-1TK - BIOS Update Go Wrong
    Beginner
    Thanks for the 1st answer!
    The resolutin is HD (1366 x 768)
    BUT i have a 3 stuck pixel with color not dead...
    Pixel fault-Type III 6 min..

6. Re: Satellite C660-1TK - BIOS Update Go Wrong
    Master
    Your notebook seems to support an TFT Color LCD with an resolution of 1366 x 768 (HD)
    The table shows the Maximum acceptable number of faults:

>BUT i have a 3 stuck pixel with color not dead...
    > Pixel fault-Type III 6 min..

Well, this means that the warranty would cover the display replacement if you would have more than 6 faulty pixels type III…