Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500 won't load. Windows.stops at x:\windows\system32\drvload

1. Satellite L500 won't load. Windows.stops at x:\windows\system32\drvload
    Beginner
    Satellite L500-12T

I've checked other threads for this issue but they have the F8 option during start up, this laptop doesnít have that option.
    After turning on the laptop itís either press F2 for Setup or F12 to select boot options. I try to load my Windows CD but it doesnít load/read the disk. I also donít know what to troubleshoot on BIOS.

It recognizes all the basic hardware. HDD and CD drive. Iíve tried to remove the battery and mouse, then just attach the adapter but I sometimes get "program cannot start press ok to turn off the computer".

Can anyone help me? What are my options to have this fixed / recovered? I canít rely on the phone tech support since the unit is out of warranty.

Any replies would be most welcome. Thanks :)

2. Re: Satellite L500 won't load. Windows.stops at x:\windows\system32\drvload
    Master
    Hello

Your story is pretty confusing. It is full of different information but we donít know which operating system do you use and has your notebook ďfactory settingsĒ or not.

Is there some reason why your notebook acts so strange? Have you done anything that can be responsible for this? Can you start OS or not.
    >... sometimes get "program cannot start press ok to turn off the computer".
    How to understand ďsometimesĒ? Which program? What happen when you press power button?

Sorry but I donít know how to understand all this and start with discussion.
    Missing F8 option is also very confusing.
    Try please to set BIOS to default settings and try to start OS again.

3. Re: Satellite L500 won't load. Windows.stops at x:\windows\system32\drvload
    Hi

The notebook seems to be delivered and preinstalled with Vista OS.
    Did you install your own Win 7?

I think this could be the reason why you cannot find the F8 option to recover the notebook using HDD recovery.

> I try to load my Windows CD but it doesnít load/read the disk. I also donít know what to troubleshoot on BIOS.
    What Windows CD do you use? Did you create a recovery disk in the past?
    Do you have an Toshiba recovery disk?