Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Trying to connect BT printer that is undiscoverable

1. Trying to connect BT printer that is undiscoverable
    Beginner
    I have a bluetooth mobile printer that is not discoverable. I have the Bluetooth address. Is there an applicatoin or a way through the Toshiba Bluetooth software to put in the Mac address to pair the printer?

2. Re: Trying to connect BT printer that is undiscoverable
    Master
    Donít think you need to access any ip address. If the BT is enabled in the printer settings and if the BT is enabled on notebook, then the printer should be visible in BT stack settings.
    Maybe this would help you.
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9602MN0000R01.htm

3. Re: Trying to connect BT printer that is undiscoverable
    Beginner
    Sorry there are multiple printers that my users will be using and multiple devices. I would like to enter the bt address and pin number each time I pair a printer

4. Re: Trying to connect BT printer that is undiscoverable
    Enthusiast
    The document which was mentioned by Xaver describes in detail how to handle many different printers even if the user is just a restricted user. Also switching to other unknown printers of the preinstalled types is possible very easily. The administrator can preinstall the required printer types even if printers are not in range.

5. Re: Trying to connect BT printer that is undiscoverable
    Beginner
    Still a little confused. Let me see if I can explain the issue. We have multiple PC's running windows 7, we want it to connect to mobile printer 1 (not discoverable and will need to type in the Bluetooth Mac address and PIN number) or Mobile printer 2, 3 4 etc.. When Mobile printer breaks or is defective we will replace it with another Mobile printer 1 (with new Bluetooth MAC address). Any ideas on how to do this with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack?

6. Re: Trying to connect BT printer that is undiscoverable
    Enthusiast
    You need to install a bluetooth stack with some customizations as described in the mentioned document.
    So the stack will install all printers even if they are switched of. In this case you have to enter a pincode at the first connection. You can also use the BDA address parameter (you called it MAC address) for the printer installation. Which printer models are you using ?