Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-23M - driver causing crash when program starts

1. Satellite C660-23M - driver causing crash when program starts
    Beginner
    I have loaded a CAD program on my new 64bit laptop, the program will start then stops and windows closes it. In the crash reports the modules ntddll.dll and aticfx.dll both seem involved. Could there be some conflict, can I update a driver somehow?

I have seen a report on a gaming website that the aticfx.dll isa the problen on the c660 range.
    Please help or the machine goes back to the shop.

PS I have tried running in compatibility mode and disabling antivirus but the problem is unchanged
    Regards Ian

2. Re: Satellite C660-23M - driver causing crash when program starts
    And you have this problem with CAD only?

Have you tried to discuss about it with someone on CAD specific forums? It is specific issue and maybe you should try to find a solution with CAD experts.
    Notebook manufacturers donít support third part software.

I really donít know if someone here will be able to help you with this.

3. Re: Satellite C660-23M - driver causing crash when program starts
    Master
    Hi

I think the CAD application is not fully compatible with the preinstalled graphic card driver.
    The ntddll.dll files is part of the windows system and aticfx.dll file seems to be a part of the graphic card driver and therefore I think that you would need to use another graphic card driver.

The notebook seems to support an Intel HM55 HD graphic card. Try to update the driver using the newest version from the Intel page.