Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Can I create recovery CD from data partition manually?

1. Can I create recovery CD from data partition manually?
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have a friends laptop (a Satellite Pro) which fails to boot into Vista (even in safe mode) with a blue screen. I have tried booting off my own Vista CD to attempt a windows repair, but even that results in the same blue screen. To cut a long story short, I want to resort back to factory default, but the recovery CDs were never created.

I can access the drive contents (both the C drive and the data partition) by booting off a linux live CD. Is there any way I can copy the files oft the data partition, and create a recovery CD/DVD using these file?

Many thanks

2. Re: Can I create recovery CD from data partition manually?
    Master
    > Is there any way I can copy the files oft the data partition, and create a recovery CD/DVD using these file?
    No. You cannot do this. What you can do now is to order original recovery disc from Toshiba.
    Sorry but there is nothing you can do about it.

3. Re: Can I create recovery CD from data partition manually?
    Unfortunately something like this is not possible.

Anyway, check please last posting on
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=40790

It can be interesting for you.