Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Recovery failure on Satellite A300

1. Recovery failure on Satellite A300
    Beginner
    Trying to recover my A300, when on recovery disk 2 it restores for a while then I get the message:

Error: 10-FC12-045D recovery error

Just wondering whether ordering a new set of recovery disks from Toshiba would be worthwhile or whether there's another solution to the problem?

2. Re: Recovery failure on Satellite A300
    To be honest I have never saw such error but on this forum I saw several complains about similar issues.
    In my opinion, before you order anything, try to obtain other HDD for testing purposes. Exchange HDD and try to install recovery image again.

Can you do this?

3. Re: Recovery failure on Satellite A300
    Master
    > Just wondering whether ordering a new set of recovery disks from Toshiba would be worthwhile or whether there's another solution to the problem?

In my opinion you could test the HDD using Drive Fitness Tool before ordering a new HDD.
    I’m not sure if this error is related to the HDD fault… possibly its Recovery disk issue…so new HDD would be useless in such case…