Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z830 network controller driver needed

1. Portege Z830 network controller driver needed
    Beginner
    I've just acquired a Z830 for testing and it looks like a sweet device.
    I've completed a clean Win7 x64 install and downloaded and installed each of the available driver executables.
    After all this, the Win7 device manager shows an unknown network controller which suggests that I might be missing some drivers.

I used the installers listed below; does anyone know if there might be any other drivers that are missing?

USB3.0 Driver 2.1.25.0 11.27 MB
    Ricoh Card Reader 2.15.17.02 6.73 MB
    Atheros Bluetooth Filter Driver Package (for Atheros model only) 1.0.9 53.11 MB
    Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba 8.00.13T 78.16 MB
    Intel Display Driver 8.15.10.2509 86.49 MB
    Intel LAN Driver 16.5 27.03 MB
    Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.6446 94.35 MB
    Synaptic Touch Pad Driver 15.2.11.1 38.43 MB
    Intel Management Engine Interface 7.01.20.1119 28.35 MB
    Bluetooth Monitor 4.07 5.31 MB
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver 10.1.2.1004 11.86 MB
    Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility 9.2.0.1021 5.27 MB

(http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/satellite/z830/pt22la-001001/download?os=25)

I've tried re-running the Intel LAN drivers and installed the Intel HM65 chipset drivers from Intel. No joy of course... any ideas greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: Egg01

2. Re: Portege Z830 network controller driver needed
    Master
    Hi

You need either the LAN driver or Wlan driver.
    Iíve no idea what driver you have already installed but one of the mentioned drivers is needed.
    I recommend checking the unknown device using this troubleshooting instruction:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=78

This will show you the name of the controller and I think this should be enough to get the right driver.

Feedback appreciated.

3. Re: Portege Z830 network controller driver needed
    Beginner
    Hi,

Same guy, just bollocksed up my original pword *facepalm* Anyway... Tonny, you were spot on and that link was just what I needed - many thanks.

I needed the Atheros WLAN driver. This cleared up all the issues outstanding in device manager. Strangely, system info still reports a problem with ACPI (device TOS6208), but I'm not real worried about that.

So the lesson is, just download and install all the driver .exes from the Toshiba download site - if you don't need'em, the extra drivers won't do anything.

4. Re: Portege Z830 network controller driver needed
    > Strangely, system info still reports a problem with ACPI (device TOS6208), but I'm not real worried about that.
    I think you need to install the Value Added Logical Device.
    I think this is part of the VAP (value added package)

5. Re: Portege Z830 network controller driver needed
    Beginner
    Thanks MisterX, you were right on the money - installing the value added pack resolved the system info problem device issue.

So the lesson is, just download and install all the driver .exes from the Toshiba download site, +and also download and install the value added pack (which is listed as utlity rather than driver)+.

6. Re: Portege Z830 network controller driver needed
    Master
    Thanks for the feedback. ;)