Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Disc Creator vs. BurnAware, CDBurnerXP InfraRecorder

1. Toshiba Disc Creator vs. BurnAware, CDBurnerXP InfraRecorder
    Enthusiast
    Can anyone share their opinion of how Toshiba Disc Creator compares with the high-profile free burners BurnAware, CDBurnerXP (without Open Candy), and InfraRecorder? The context is data backups rather than music/video. Multisession (preferrably maximized for readability with existing disc readers) is highly valued.

The reason why I'm asking is because I own only one computer, a Toshiba Satellite A660. I sussing out the possibility that there may be synergy advantages from using a Toshiba burner on a Toshiba platform, though I fully prepared for the possibilit that there isn't.

2. Re: Toshiba Disc Creator vs. BurnAware, CDBurnerXP InfraRecorder
    Enthusiast
    Hi

Toshiba Disc Creator is nice and basic burning software which you got for free.
    Toshiba Disc Creator can write to CD-Rs, DVD-Rs. You can make copies of CDs and DVDs.
    The software provides five options: burn audio disc, burn data disc, copy disc, disc to image and image to disc.
    For a common usage, these available options should be good enough…

Other mentioned software is not known to me… beside the Toshiba Disc Creator I use the Nero burning ROM. Of course you have to purchase this software but in my opinion its one of the best burning software on the market.

3. Re: Toshiba Disc Creator vs. BurnAware, CDBurnerXP InfraRecorder
    Enthusiast
    I found that Disc Creator actually comes with my laptop. It seems to be missing multi-session, but its good for basic stuff. I'm beginning to think that multi-session isn't all that it's cracke up to be. Simply because you run the risk of compatibility problems when you try to read it in another drive.

Thanks, Lasko.