Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM

1. Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    Beginner
    Hello I hoping you can help me.

I currently used the startup recovery mode on my laptop, as my laptop had been infected with somesort of malware, which slowed my laptop down, making it unusable, Therefore I turned to the recovery, after i did the recovery i found that i was unable to use my laptop, it seems to be that the OS is gone, I cannot access normal mode or safemode, And the Recovery option has now dissapeared from the F8 menu, I am stuck on ideas on what to do, I only got the laptop 5 months ago and now its totally useless.

I look forward to your advice,
    Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

2. Re: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    Hello Aaron

Have you maybe created recovery DVDs following Toshiba’s recommendation?
    If yes you can install recovery image using these discs. If not you can order new one on - https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

HDD recovery installation is screwed up and you will not be able to start it anymore.
    Sorry.

3. Re: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    Beginner
    So I have to pay for a repair disc for something that was completely not my fault in anyway possible, and it's still under the year warranty?

Thanks for your quick response, but I do find Toshiba's service very unhelpful

4. Re: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    Master
    > So I have to pay for a repair disc for something that was completely not my fault in anyway possible, and it's still under the year warranty?

As far as I know the recover disk costs about 30€…

But in my knowledge its always recommended to create the _recovery disk_ while using the notebook for the first time… I read this in my user manual… so it should be mentioned in your manual too…

5. Re: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    Beginner
    okay, so if I do pay for the cd, how do I load it when I cannot access the bios to change the boot priority?

6. Re: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    You can start bootable CD/DVD on two other ways.
    1 – when notebook starts press F12 to enter boot menu. Choose CD/DVD device and press enter.
    2 – when notebook starts press C key several times or keep it down. It will force CD/DVD drive to be first bootable device.

By the way: why you cannot enter BIOS settings? Have you made some changes?

7. Re: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    Beginner
    I dont know why i cannot run the bios i press the funtion key but I do not get the option

8. Re: Cannot recover my Satellite C660-1ZM
    Master
    To access the BIOS you have to press F2 immediately after the notebook has been powered up. Press this several times to ensure that the F2 has been registered.
    But as mentioned above: press F12 should display the bootable devices and you should be able to choose one bootable device