Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Windows 7 issue on my Satellite C660-1F1

1. Windows 7 issue on my Satellite C660-1F1
    Beginner
    Hi,

i am having a kind of software glitch on my laptop. when i turned it on, it showed a message with options either to launch startup repair (recommended) or start windows normally. i chose the first option as that seem to be the recommended option and i thought this might repair if there was any damage. however, after the repair process was completed, it showed an error message with steps to install Windows. i am getting this message now everytime i turn my laptop on!

Since i have the software pre-isntalled on my laptop, i do not have the Windows 7 disc with me. this is really strange as i am unsure why this happened.

Although my laptop is covered with the warranty, i am not sure if it covers the software warranty too?

Please can some one advise me on the best way out of this problem.

its really very painful and irritating to deal with this, as its been just 5 months since i bought this laptop.

2. Re: Windows 7 on my Satellite C660 - 1F1
    Master
    > however, after the repair process was completed, it showed an error message with steps to install Windows. i am getting this message now everytime i turn my laptop on!

Looks like something has gone wrong with the installed OS.
    Not sure why but it seems that you need to reinstall the windows once again.

> ince i have the software pre-isntalled on my laptop, i do not have the Windows 7 disc with me. this is really strange as i am unsure why this happened.

You did not receive any disks because the notebook supports the HDD recovery and additionally there was/is a option to create a own recover disk.
    You could use the Recover disk creator software in order to create such disks…
    But not sure if this would be possible now because of the error…

So would recommend starting the HDD recover as described here.
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm