Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-19X: Win7 install won't work - stuck on syswow64 loop?

1. Satellite L500-19X: Win7 install won't work - stuck on syswow64 loop?
    Beginner
    I've tried to reinstall Windows 7 on Satellite L500-19x but it won't complete - every time I boot up laptop a white splash screen appears saying "preparing to install...may take a few minutes" but this never disappears...can get out of this screen by starting task manager and hitting escape a few times.

When get as far as desktop things seem to be in order except for command prompt running Syswow64/sysprep/...access is denied on continuous loop, also there is a window saying "TUPIT 2" which seems to have failed as there is a "requested registry access is not allowed" in front of it.

Would really appreciate if somebody could tell me how to fix this as it is extremely frustrating and seems to be so close yet so far to being successfully completed!

2. Re: Satellite L500-19X: Win7 install won't work - stuck on syswow64 loop?
    Master
    Hi

This message is very strange. Had read in internet about similar issues but the issues were always related to the registry problems.
    In most cases the error message appeared trying to repair the Windows OS.

Did you try to make a clean installation?
    I think you should format the HDD firstly before trying to install the Win 7.
    Hopefully everything would be erased from HDD before starting the setup installation…