Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to use HDD recovery on Satellite L500?

1. How to use HDD recovery on Satellite L500?
    Beginner
    Hi

I would like to restore my Toshiba back to the factory settings.

I have tried to press F8 during startup to acces repair menu, but the recovery wizard is not an option.
    I have tried pressing 0 while starting up but no recovery wizard there either.

I can see the HDD folder at the drive E: but there does not seem to be an option for starting recovery there eihter

Any suggestions what to do?

2. Re: How to use HDD recovery on Satellite L500?
    Master
    Do you use original preinstalled OS hat you got with your notebook or own OS version?

Have you created recovery discs? If yes, use these discs for recovey image installation.

3. Re: How to use HDD recovery on Satellite L500?
    Beginner
    It is the original OS that came with the notebook

I havent created any recovery discs

4. Re: How to use HDD recovery on Satellite L500?
    Master
    HDD recovery works like described in http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm
    If you don’t have option “Repair my compute” than it cannot be notebook with “Factory settings”.
    This option is available with original preinstalled OS only.

If possible create recovery DVDs as soon as possible. If HDD will not start only way to have factory settings again is to use recovery discs.