Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L450D-13P cannot boot with new HDD

1. Satellite L450D-13P cannot boot with new HDD
    Beginner
    hi,

ime steve and real novice to computers.
    Two or so years ago i purchest 2 toshiba's mine is the toshiba satellite L450D-13P runing windows7!And my partners is the toshiba satellite pro runing windows 7 also!

The problem is that my hard disk is scrap,so i purchest a new 500gb HDD,instaled it put in the disc i got with it and nothing?
    Hope some 1 on here can help me

many thanx steve!

2. Re: Satellite L450D-13P cannot boot with new HDD
    Beginner
    When i had the same problem I asked a lot and nobody answered, so I had to spend 2 days trying and trying again and again, I also called "THE TOSHIBA TEC SUPPORT EXPERTS" and the "EXPERTS" did not have any fu... idea......

But finally I made the partition with the software "Partition Table Doctor" and I could use the whole disk in just one partition with NO PROBLEM, It was so fast and surprinsingly worked perfectly and you don't need to be an expert , all I can tell you is you can find it in www.taringa.net

I think I won't be able to respond again, good luck

3. Re: Satellite L450D-13P cannot boot with new HDD
    Generally speaking you can exchange HDD or upgrade it with bigger one (capacity) but recovery installation should work. Important is that you use compatible HDD for certain system.
    I have done it many times in the past. No problems at all.

After HDD exchange set BIOS to default settings and start recovery installation using created recovery disc.

Start your notebook and when you see Toshiba welcome screen pres F12 several times to enter boot menu.
    When the menu is shown on the screen put recovery DVD into optical disc drive.
    In te menu choose CD/DVD and press ENTER.
    Recovery installation should starts.

Please do this and send some feedback.

4. Re: Satellite L450D-13P cannot boot with new HDD
    >The problem is that my hard disk is scrap,so i purchest a new 500gb HDD,instaled it put in the disc i got with it and nothing?

Usually the Recovery disk from Toshiba should be able to format the HDD automatically while setup.
    Put the Recover disk in the CD/DVD drive and press power button.
    Then press F12 button in order to get the bootable devices on the screen.
    Then choose the ODD (CD/DVD) drive and press Enter.

Now the notebook should boot from the CD.
    Follow the installation instruction and finish the installation…
    That’s all…