Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P755-S5263 - Wireless Communication Switch Location

1. Satellite P755-S5263 - Wireless Communication Switch Location
    Beginner
    I have a newer P755-S5263, my wireless stopped working this morning. Other computers in the house have no problems connecting to the network. The F8 function says the wireless communication switch is off. I have looked all over for one and cannot find one.

Any one know what I am missing here?

Thanks for any help.

2. Re: Satellite P755-S5263 - Wireless Communication Switch Location
    Master
    Using FN+F9 combination you can enable and disable WLAN card so please press FN and keep it down. Use F9 to change ON/OFF status. So you can enable WLAN card again.

When the WLAN card is ON WLAN LED must be also ON.
    Check it out.

3. Re: Satellite P755-S5263 - Wireless Communication Switch Location
    Beginner
    The FN+F9 is to turn the touch pad on/off, changing the settings there did not seem to help me at all. If I press the FN+F8 it will not toggle the wireless on or off becuase it says that the wireless communication switch is disabled.

4. Re: Satellite P755-S5263 - Wireless Communication Switch Location
    Have you looked through the user guide?
    Having looked at a picture of a P775 you have a panel above the keyboard with a power button and a series of some sort of indicators including volume + / -. I would guess these are touch sensitive and if there is a "wireless" icon on the panel then I think that may be the button.

There's a troubleshooting guide here [http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/Contents/Toshiba_teg/EU/GENERIC/files/C_05_Wireless-Troubleshooting-EN.pdf]