Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra A11-17G - touchpad buttons trouble

1. Tecra A11-17G - touchpad buttons trouble
    Beginner
    Hello,

I had previously set the touchpad and its 2 buttons to act in a conventional way on Windows XP. (to click without typing or other extended functions)

Suddenly it was disturbed and I am unable to reconfigure the device. The mouse behaves strangely alone by clicking and scrolling is done unintentionally...

What can I do please?

Thank you!
    Regards.

2. Re: Tecra A11-17G - touchpad buttons trouble
    What you can do?

Try to remove touchpad driver (Control panel > Programs and Features), restart your notebook and install touchpad driver again.
    You can find it on Toshiba download page - http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

3. Re: Tecra A11-17G - touchpad buttons trouble
    Beginner
    Thank you, I'll try this solution that seems relevant. I have done other checkings in the meantime, antivirus, hard disk, registry and found nothing unusual ...
    I will report the result.
    Regards.

4. Re: Tecra A11-17G - touchpad buttons trouble
    Beginner
    Hello,

I reinstalled the driver but the concern continues, I finally found it's a physical failure of the left button of the mouse pad in fact. I'll have to call Toshiba customer service...

Thank you very much, however,

Regards.

5. Re: Tecra A11-17G - touchpad buttons trouble
    Enthusiast
    Thanks for the feedback... it looks like mechanical button issue... seems only a new part can fix this