Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660-1ME PSC1SE - project ID check fail while BIOS update 1.40

1. Satellite C660-1ME PSC1SE - project ID check fail while BIOS update 1.40
    Beginner
    I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite C660-1ME (Part Number : PSC1SE-00G009AR). I wanted to update the BIOS with the latest version 1.40. When you run the BIOS update gives this error *"project ID check fail"* what to do? how can I solve this problem?

2. Re: Satellite C660-1ME PSC1SE - project ID check fail while BIOS update 1.40
    Hi

Usually the VAP (value added package) needs to be installed in order to update the BIOS.
    Is VAP installed? If yes, try to update or reinstall this package again and check if BIOS update is possible.
    Furthermore disable any security software like firewall or antivirus software which could prevent the BIOS update.

3. Re: Satellite C660-1ME PSC1SE - project ID check fail while BIOS update 1.40
    Enthusiast
    Hi

I got the same error message. Called Toshiba hotline… say said that I should check this BIOS update in the next days… So hopefully this will work.

Greets

4. Re: Satellite C660-1ME PSC1SE - project ID check fail while BIOS update 1.40
    Hi

I recommend checking this thread about the same error message:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=64817
    It seems that the new file has been uploaded and seems the issue has been solved in this case…