Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Can I use product recovery for Satellite P300 on Satellite P100?

1. Can I use product recovery for Satellite P300 on Satellite P100?
    Beginner
    I lost the product recovery disk for my P100, but I do have the disks for a P30 and P300, both of which are windows XP.

My P100 which my husband uses has become so slow that I feel I have to reload it. But when I tried starting up holding 0, F8 and F12 (one of them gave me a menu, I forget which), I couldn't find an option which allowed it to return to factory settings.

So I wonder if I can use one of the other product recovery disks on the P100? Would really appreciate advice. (I used to own a P30, and I still own a P300)

2. Re: Can I use product recovery for Satellite P300 on Satellite P100?
    Master
    Hello

Every single recovery image is designed for certain notebook model. Why?
    Every notebook model has specific hardware infrastructure and also specific drivers are needed.

When you compare two different notebooks there are different CPUs, graphic card, modem, cam maybe and so on. So if you want to have properly working OS this will not work.

3. Re: Can I use product recovery for Satellite P300 on Satellite P100?
    Beginner
    Thanks very much for your answer - it was a desperate idea I guess. I have optimised the machine as far as I can and it's still slowish - maybe we need to buy a new one with a bit more memory.
    thanks again

4. Re: Can I use product recovery for Satellite P300 on Satellite P100?
    Master
    You are welcome. What you can try is to update Ram to maximum. With optimized OS and max Ram I can imagine that your P100 will run pretty fast.

By the way: which P100 do you have exactly?