Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need installations CD for Satellite L500-245

1. Need installations CD for Satellite L500-245
    Beginner
    Hello, I hope some one can help.

The computer is of my brother and he lost the installation cd and we need it to reinstall windows and all the features. I hope some one can help us.

thanks!

2. Re: Need installations CD for Satellite L500-245
    Master
    If you use original OS that you got with your notebook you can create new recovery DVD using preinstalled Toshiba recovery disc creator software.
    You can also try to reinstall original recovery image using HDD recovery option - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm

If not than you must order it on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

3. Re: Need installations CD for Satellite L500-245
    > we need it to reinstall windows and all the features. I hope some one can help us.
    The question is what you want to do exactly. You can do this using original Toshiba recovery image or using Microsoft installation disc.

Toshiba recovery image:
    It contains operating system, all necessary drivers, Toshiba specific tools and utilities ad some additional software. Please note: after recovery image installation Windows must not be activated.

Microsoft OS:
    After installing OS using original Microsoft disc you must activate preinstalled version. This cannot be done using product key from the sticker at the bottom of your notebook and you must pay the licence.
    Al necessary drivers, tools and utilities must be installed manually one by one and it can be pretty complicated if you donít know how to do this.

My recommendation: if you donít have Toshiba disc order one and use it for OS installation. It is cheapest and also simplest way to install and configure OS.