Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A660 - Recovering and Partitioning the C drive

1. Satellite A660 - Recovering and Partitioning the C drive
    Beginner
    I have a A660 running Win 7 (64Bit) and it has always been running slower than I was expecting.

I have a 450GB C drive and would like to reformat it and Partition it to C and D.
    I want to do a total recover and re-partition.

The question is has anyone done this and if so what are the steps?
    ie do I recover first then partition or do I partition and then recover?

Thanks
    Ramin

2. Re: Recovering and Partitioning the C drive
    Master
    In my opinion you should create recovery DVDs at first. Then install recovery image using these discs and when OS is finished define partitions on your notebook.

After doing this it can happen that you will not be able to use “HDD recovery option” anymore but recovery DVDs only so as first step in the whole story please create these recovery discs.

3. Re: Recovering and Partitioning the C drive
    Akuma
    Windows 7 has built in partition resizing in Disk Management, you need to shrink C: Drive, then create D: in the left over space.

Backup any important data first just in case something happens.

4. Re: Satellite A660 - Recovering and Partitioning the C drive
    Master
    One more thing:

When you use recovery installation there you can find follow options – click HERE .

Using latest option you can create and define own C partition but after doing this recovery image will not be available anymore. So create recovery DVDs before you do anything.
    Check also http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm . It must be described there.