Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Webcam software usage on Satellite C660- 1M2

1. Webcam software usage on Satellite C660- 1M2
    Beginner
    The webcam works properly when using skype etc. But I have no acces to it from Windows, so I can't change any options or take a pic without using skype.

At the first day all was working great, and now after few months I can't even find an application (don't remember exactly the name, but pretty sure I tried everything and googled any other possibility). No, I'm not so dumb- I didn't deleted the shortcut from the descopt.
    Windows can't find any application, nor there is any option in Windows control panel (just an adnotation in Device Manager saying that I have a Chicony USB2.0 built-in camera, it's working and there are drivers installed- installed originaly, I didn't changed anything.)
    I tried to reinstall the drivers, no change at all (as it was easy to prefigure).

Then I googled that some C series Toshiba laptops have a Camera Assistant Software, which I didn't remembered to install on the first day (yep, I had bought "blank" laptop and installed Windows and drivers manualy). I thought it can be what I'm looking for, maybe I just deleted it accidentaly.
    Didn't work too, when I try to run it it says that the camera is off (it's active) or not working properly (oh, rly?).
    Maybe that is because the version of software is not good for my model (which can't get a technical support, there is no model like mine to choose from the list. Funny, isn't it?).

Thanks for any help.

2. Re: Webcam software usage on Satellite C660- 1M2
    Master
    What you need is “Web camera application” and it can be downloaded from Toshiba download page.

Please visit http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp and choose your notebook model and OS. Your notebook is Satellite C660 with part number PSCJ1E.

You will find “Webcam driver” there. Install it and try to use preinstalled software. Before you start it be sure Skype is off.

Does it work for you?

3. Re: Webcam software usage on Satellite C660- 1M2
    Beginner
    It works! I could have sworn I had the proper drivers... Anyway, thank you very much!

4. Re: Webcam software usage on Satellite C660- 1M2
    Master
    You are welcome. :)