Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Left side of Satellite L500 13N keyboard doesn't respond

1. Left side of Satellite L500 13N keyboard doesn't respond
    Beginner
    A month ago I throw liquid on my laptop ¬¬ Nothing happened at first, but 4 days ago I noticed that the ESC, 1, Tab, Q, CAPS LOCK, A and Z keys don't respond, don't work. In addition, when I activate the CAPS LOCK with the WIndows keyboard on screen, the CAPS LOCK's LED switches on in the real keyboard.

I've asked the TOSHIBA Technical support and they say it is a physical problem instead of electronic. What do you think?
    I've though to buy a new keyboard for my laptop, but the thing is I've got a spanish/catalan keyborard and currently I'm living in UK.

Any advice? Try to order a keyboard from Spain and send it to here could be an option? But where do I get a Spanish keyboard?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Re: Left side of L500 13N keyboard doesn't respond
    Akuma
    Hi,

When liquid spills on a keyboard it gets into the circuit and membranes of the keyboard and causes it to corrode or short. Basically you need to buy a new keyboard since it's generally not possible to repair it.

A Toshiba repair center may be able to get you a Spanish keyboard, there is an ASP list on the Toshiba website.

3. Re: Left side of Satellite L500 13N keyboard doesn't respond
    Master
    > I've asked the TOSHIBA Technical support and they say it is a physical problem instead of electronic. What do you think?

Well, seems you will need to replace this part…
    Usually it’s not really tricky to get the keyboard replaced… so you could order a compatible keyboard from a

Toshiba ASP in UK and could replace this but of course if you think this is too tricky then I would recommend asking an technician for help. I think the ASP in UK should be able to provide a keyboard with an Spanish layout