Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L650D Webcam driver open fail. Restart camera or computer

1. Satellite L650D Webcam driver open fail. Restart camera or computer
    Beginner
    Hello , i made a clean install of windows 7 x64bit installed the webcam driver but i cant use my camera i get Webcam driver open fail. Restart camera or computer ... can someone help me ?

2. Re: Satellite L650D Webcam driver open fail. Restart camera or computer
    Akuma
    Hello, do you have Skype or another program installed that uses the webcam? Maybe it is taking exclusive control of the webcam.

Was it working ok with the factory Toshiba Windows installation? If yes, then you may just need to get the correct webcam driver from the Toshiba website from the L650D drivers page.

3. Re: Satellite L650D Webcam driver open fail. Restart camera or computer
    Beginner
    its a clean installation , no other programs.... the drivers are from toshiba website for the model and for the windows version... all are correct , but it does not work.

L650D windows 7 x64bit

4. Re: Satellite L650D Webcam driver open fail. Restart camera or computer
    Master
    Hi

I think the problem is the clean installation…
    You should install the VAP (value added package) firstly… furthermore I recommend choosing the latest webcam driver/software version…
    In the Satellite L770D driver download area you can find the Webcam driver v 2.0.0.21 for Win7 64bit