Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to start recovery installation on Satellite L350-170?

1. How to start recovery installation on Satellite L350-170?
    Beginner
    Hi,

I'm new at this so please be gentle with me! - I have a Toshiba Satellite L350-170 (Windows Vista SP2). I burned 2 recovery DVD's just after I got it from new. I decided to recover it to factory settings, so I placed the first recovery disc in the drive and ....nothing. It won't auto play/boot up to start the recovery process. I can access files on the disc via "MY COMPUTER" but can see a "SET-UP". I had previously used the discs to recover and it worked then no problem.

There is nothing wrong with the computer or any error messages

Apologies if its been said before but, can anyone help or let me know whats happening please?

with grateful thanks

Myke

2. Re: How to start recovery installation on Satellite L350-170?
    Master
    Hello Myke

If it has worked in the past i donít see the reason why it should not works again, except the discs are damaged.

Anyway, try this:
    Start your notebook and press F12 several times to enter boot menu
    Put the disc 1 into optical disc drive
    In the list choose CD/DVD drive and press ENTER

ODD should start to read the disc and you should see something on the screen.

Does it work for you?

3. Re: How to start recovery installation on Satellite L350-170?
    Enthusiast
    > It won't auto play/boot up to start the recovery process.
    To be honest I donít know what do you mean with ďauto playĒ but you cannot start recovery installation in Windows.
    You must use optical disc drive as first bootable device and, of course, start recovery with disc 1.

Just do it as described by as*** and it should start.