Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660/C660D wireless connection problem.

1. Satellite C660/C660D wireless connection problem.
    Beginner
    Suddenly unable to connect to the internet using my c660 containing a realtek RTL8188CE wireless lan 802.11n, the internet router works fine with other devices.

The laptop states that the wireless has 'limited access', attempting to restart the router has not corrected the problem nor has flushing the DNS cache. The properties of the wireless lan's properties state that is working properly, I also attempted to install new drivers. Both the one from toshibas website and one located on the realtek website, the current driver installed is driver version '1005.19.420.2011'. The laptop is fairly new, purchased in September and there have been no major software changes.

Any assistance offered would be great.

Thanks

2. Re: Satellite C660/C660D wireless connection problem.
    Master
    But WLAN works when you use standard g, right?
    Have you tried to test it with other routers?

Is there some difference if you test it on AC or battery power supply?

3. Re: Satellite C660/C660D wireless connection problem.
    Beginner
    i am having the same problem with my c660 bought in sept it says i have a problem with the wirelss adapter and either turns off or just removes it from my network adaptor list i have tried using ac adaptor this makes no difference its happening everyday now. i have to reboot and sometimes this makes no difference.

4. Re: Satellite C660/C660D wireless connection problem.
    Master
    Have you tried to fix this with latest WLAN driver update or even with BIOS update?

5. Re: Satellite C660/C660D wireless connection problem.
    Beginner
    can u explain how i do this as im not very techinical

6. Re: Satellite C660/C660D wireless connection problem.
    Master
    Visit Toshiba WLAN portal on http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/ and download latest driver for your WLAN card.

Do you use original Toshiba preinstalled operating system or your own OS version?