Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R700 - BIOS EC update from 1.40 to 1.50

1. Portege R700 - BIOS EC update from 1.40 to 1.50
    Beginner
    what is the BIOS EC?

in my BIOS it states BIOS version of 2.10 and EC version 1.40

on toshiba website latest revision is BIOS v2.10 and EC 1.50 as same flash update download. but as the BIOS is already upto date i want to know if trying to flash for the EC from 1.40 to 1.50 would be worth it?

cheers

Ben

n.b. presume the latest R700 BIOS is v2.10 as stated on the website? is there anywhere else i can check?

2. Re: Portege R700 - BIOS EC
    Akuma
    I believe the EC is an important function so I would update the EC to ensure the notebook is running optimally.

I don't know what was changed but you can usually find this information on the Toshiba America website in the support/downloads section/

3. Re: Portege R700 - BIOS EC update from 1.40 to 1.50
    Master
    Hi
    Fount this change log on the Toshiba USA page.

_Change History_

+Version 2.10 - 2011-04-01+
    Improved the control of the Virtualization Technology function.
    Implemented the updated TPM specification for improved stability.

+Version 2.10 - 2011-06-27+
    EC-V1.50: Improved: The battery is intermittently not charged while the computer is powered off. This occurs when the "Peak Shift" function is used.

Hope this helps ;)

4. Re: Portege R700 - BIOS EC update from 1.40 to 1.50
    Beginner
    cheers folks, looks like i may flash it then to ensure my battery lasts! not sure if i use peak shift but i dont want to risk anything that'll curtail my batteries life!!!

guessing EC may mean energy configuration or somthing perhaps as the fix is power related?!