Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???

1. Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    I bought this "Glass-Free" 3D Laptop only because I wanted to watch my 3D-Pictures during my travels.
    But this seems not to work with any of my 3D-Viewers!
    I does not even work with the Nvidia-3D-Photo Viewer?!?
    Do I really have to use Anaglyph-Glasses If I want to do anything else than watching Movies??

2. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Enthusiast
    Not really. Use any application you like and take a look at Kevin's great utility in order to activate the 3D mode: http://coxcoppes.nl/3DScreenActivator/

3. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Thanks, I used it allready.
    But in what viewer can I open MPO Pictures (of my HTC EVO 3D, Lumix TZ20 and Fujifilm W3 3D) without the need, to modify every single pictures before?

All my MPO players do not work on this laptop. The only way I found to work with the "3D Screen Activator" is reduce the picture size to 50% width, rename it to "jpg" and open it in a normal jpg-viewer such as IrfanView.
    But this is a lot of work..and definately not this, what I understood was promised from the manufacturer!

Its a shame, why they can sell such an excellent monitor without any drivers.
    I am deeply disapointed from Toshiba.

4. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Master
    Hi

I found this Toshiba information:

+Qosmio F750 glasses free 3D laptop - Supported content and software+
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB1A037N0000R01.htm

There you can find info about 3D images support; planned to be supported (schedule still unknown)

5. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Enthusiast
    Yes, I agree to smoser that it's really difficult at the moment. I'm working on a tool, similar to Kevin's in order to automate the 3D viewing process but there's still a great need for (more or less) native support from Toshiba and NVidia.

Therefore, thanks Tonny for this document! Let's wait until the end of the year ;-)

6. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Thanks for your Infos

But "its planned to be supported" is not a help for me, because I allready bought this stupid thing three weeks ago and in two weeks will have to go to a 3 Months Asia trip for business.
    I bought this heavy and expensive Laptop only because the "Glass Free 3D".
    I believed "Glass Free 3D" is the same good thing, what I got on my HTC EVO 3D.

But this "glass free" laptop is same as a very "fast" car with two missing wheels!
    How can they sell such a half finished product???
    My first Toshiba Laptop is 99% sure my last product of this company.
    A half finished product is one thing.
    But no support in their own "support"(??) forum is the other.

I feel seriously cheated.

BTW: I found this page:
    http://www.sibbet.com/index.php/2011/10/01/autostereoscopic-games-on-your-toshiba-qosmio-f750/
    I installed the Beta Version of the Driver 285.38
    Now it works a little better with the 3D pictures and the "3D Screen Activator".
    But the actual driver can not be installed because "not supported hardware" .... and my expensive 3D software I can only use on my Home PC with a 120Hz monitor and Nvidia 3DVision glasses...

For my business trip, I will better leave this heavy waste of money at home.
    I will take one of my three older laptops with me.
    They are not that fast...but they have "all wheels".... and even more important: their manufacturers are providing support if something does not work as promised.

Best regards
    Stefan

7. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Enthusiast
    You're right, Toshiba might be getting into serious trouble if they won't do something soon. I guess they've put an unfinished device on the market. In my point of view, several faults have been made:

- 3D support is too limited and looks like a quick and dirty implementation (tried the X-Tune app already??)
    - official 3D player (Toshiba Bluray Player) is quite buggy and doesn't support major formats like 3D pictures, MKV, MOV or AVI/DivX
    - single stream / one antenna WiFi (even my five year old subnotebook has two antennas)
    - HDD with buggy firmware (therefore they've disabled NCQ)
    - way too old version of the NVida driver (modified inf let you install the latest version; look in laptopvideo2go's forum)

Anyway, I won't say that I'm unhappy with it at the moment because it's still a powerful laptop with great processing power and a really good display.

For me, it's also the first Toshiba device but if they don't move somehow, I'll also switch back in the future :-(

8. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Above I wrote it works better with Nvidia Driver 285.38.
    This was true for my 3d-Pictures.

But today I found, the "Toshiba Blue-Ray Disc Player" crashed during startup.
    There was no other way to make this player rund than re-install the old Toshiba display driver 8.17.12.6807 (V268.7).
    With this driver, I can watch 3D Blue-Rays again ... but the problem with the 3D pictures is back.

==> Is there really NO support from Toshiba in this Toshiba Forum????

9. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Enthusiast
    Hmm, I'm quite happy with the latest NVIDIA drivers. You need a patched .inf to install them. Take a look in the forum section of www.laptopvideo2go.com

Now, at least my games run quite faster and I'm able to use some more CUDA-apps ;-)
    Toshiba player also works fine with this version.

Regarding the 3D support, I can only tell that Kevin is working to fix as many things as possible (which should be Toshiba's job, anyway)...

10. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Thanks for this Info.

Where in the "www.laptopvideo2go.com" Forum did you find this?
    I was looking for it, but did not find anything there.

11. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Enthusiast
    The driver is located [here|http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/28991-v28579-windows-7vista-64bit-nvidia-oem-mobile/] but you need to extract the file to a temporary directory and find the nvwi.inf file. Replace it with the patched version. You can find it in the same topic as the driver. Just use the link "Modified INF" at top of the post.

Then, start the regular setup application. It might show you a warning that you are going to install unsigned drivers. Just confirm it and everything should be fine!

Good luck ;-)

Message was edited by: oxident

12. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Thanks but I had not "good luck":

- I downloaded the Driver from your linked page.
    - I extracted the Driver
    - I downloaded the modified INF File from your linked page
    - I replaced the original INF File with the modiefied one.

But then, the whole laptop was runing very unstable, the Fan was running all the time full speed,the screen was frequentyl frozen and no 3D-Application did run. Not even the Toshiba Video Player did work...
    So I reinstalled the old driver (with lots of error messages)...

Did you do any special settings or something else during or after installing it?

Best regards, Stefan

13. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Enthusiast
    That's strange. I didn't do anything special except that I maybe have chosen "complete re-install" on the first setup page...

14. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    The Solution is in this Thread:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=64523&tstart=0&start=15

See Page 2:

With all the December 2011 Updates:

- Bios Update
    - Display Driver
    - Super-D IC Driver
    - Video Player

and the Player from Phereo:

*PhereoShop for Windows*

http://phereo.com/p/phereoshop/
    http://phereo.com/

I can watch now 3D Pictures on my Qosmio F750

==> Since the same Question and also the Question about Movies is discussed there, I think we can continue in this Thread:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=64523&tstart=0&start=15

Best regards, Stefan

15. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Do you happen to have this program saved? It seems Kevin Cox went offline those days .... I have an old Qosmio and the HDD gave in so I had to replace it and lost LL of the software including Kevin's patch to activate the 3D screen

16. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Do you happen to have the 3DScreenActivator saved on your PC? I lost mine when the HDD crashed and Kevin's site no linger works :-(

17. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalynn View Post
    Do you happen to have the 3DScreenActivator saved on your PC? I lost mine when the HDD crashed and Kevin's site no linger works :-(

I recently upgraded a older f750-10L i had sitting around and also cannot get the 3D feature to operate or loacate a driver! Any help is much appreciated.

18. Re: Qosmio F750-10L - How to watch 3D Pictures???
    Beginner
    i also cannot for the life of me use it as a portable, battery replaced didnt work, bios and driver updates didnt work.... can only use it plugged in and immediately when i unplug, the laptop shuts off. any ideas? thanks