Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to install recovery image on Satellite Pro A300?

1. How to install recovery image on Satellite Pro A300?
    Beginner
    I have a Satellite Pro A300 and I need to factory reset. I have learned from my computers teacher that there is an unknown virus on it. Apparently it was downloaded when I downloaded Malware Bites. I got the laptop for free from Set-BC because I have muscular dis-trophy and get tired writing.

My teacher told me that I need to Factory Reset it, but when I received the laptop, it had had everything installed on it, (kurzwell, Chrome, etc) so I don't have the factory reset disk. Also, the virus has disabled everything that has the slightest thing to do with internet, (Chrome, I.E., Firefox, Outlook, malware bites, etc).

Is there any possible way that I could factory reset the laptop without needing the disk.
    Any suggestions will help.

Thanks

2. Re: How to install recovery image on Satellite Pro A300?
    Master
    Hello Steve

Notebooks delivered without recovery disc have recovery image saved on HDD and if you still use original preinstalled operating system you can try to install this recovery image following recovery procedure. How to do this is described in userís manuals document or you can do this following instruction described on http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R01.htm

Does it work for you?