Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A205-S4629 BIOS Update Fail - File has different BIOS part number

1. Satellite A205-S4629 BIOS Update Fail - File has different BIOS part number
    Beginner
    I have used the Toshiba support download page to identify my model A205-S4629 Satellite laptop and downloaded the following BIOS update utility sa200f0v520.exe.

After building the IOS install disk and running the Phoenix Phlash16 utility I get the following message "File has different BIOS part number".

The utility is using the following image file MW10M520.ROM.

Any input is appreciated,

Thanks,

2. Re: Satellite A205-S4629 BIOS Update Fail - File has different BIOS part number
    Master
    Hi

As far as I know the BIOS package downloaded from the Toshiba US driver page contains the WinRAR 32-bit self-extracting ZIP file which includes both Windows-based and diskette based BIOS update installation options.

Did you try to update the BIOS using Win-based BIOS?

What OS do you use?

3. Re: Satellite A205-S4629 BIOS Update Fail - File has different BIOS part number
    Beginner
    I have the same issue with Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 with Model No: PSAF0U-02D009. I have already updated to version 1.90 but tried updating to the latest BIOS version seem impossible both on Window-based and through CD-ROM based both proofed abortive. When i tried updating in windows i got this ERROR message "Write error in the file sa200f0v520.iso. Probably the disk is full". AND when i used a CD-ROM to update BIOS, i got stuck with the following CD-ROM Installation error "File has different part number"

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.