Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Key lag on Satellite C660-1F1

1. Key lag on Satellite C660-1F1
    Beginner
    I have the very annoying problem of key lag on my laptop which is a satellite C660 1-f-1 .

I've had the laptop for around 3 months and have tried the keyboard settings on all settings to no avail. I paid £350 for this laptop and I'm getting increasingly aggravated !

I've read that the problem has cropped up with other models and that removing and then replacing the battery helps.. but I can't keep doing that mid conversation or e-mail !

I keep reading about these update download bios but have no idea what that means . Could somebody please explain in a plain English non-tech speak style please ?? !!

2. Re: Key lag on Satellite C660-1F1
    Beginner
    Hi Helenuk1963

A BIOS update is something that makes the main brain of the laptop smarter but this does not 100% mean it will fix it the normal fix is to run a recovery of the unit via the HDD by pressing F8 non stop on startup and selecting repair your computer then login and select Toshiba HDD recovery but before you do this make sure you have backed up all your data and created recovery disks via the toshiba recovery media creator in the start menu.

if you do want to run a BIOS update best thing to do is call Toshiba direct who can walk you though it and at least if something goes wrong it will be covered.

3. Re: Key lag on Satellite C660-1F1
    Master
    I agree with the user above: the BIOS update solved the keyboard issue…
    I found some threads here in the forum which confirms this….

Greetings